SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD hitting DVD/Blu-ray fast
While I am super excited about the fact that this wonderfully epic film that met all of my expectations is getting a fast track to DVD and Blu-ray and that I can't wait to get my eyeballs all up in every pixel of this movie, it does sadden my heart that this film did not do well financially at the box office. I was pumped the minute I heard this was getting the celluloid treatment and thought for sure we were going to have at least three or four sold out weekends. Sadly, the $60 million budget has only grossed $30 million. Now the hopes are that the DVD/Blu-ray release will stir up more revenue.
The home release of SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD will hit shelves on November 9. Hit the jump to see some of the epic special features.
SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD will be releasing on DVD, Blu-ray, digital download, and Blu-ray combo pack. And apparantly, if you want all the features you can get your comic book paper-chaffed fingers on, you need to buy the Blu-ray combo pack.
Now what is in this combo pack that I can assure you that you will need to buy? Let's see a breakdown of all the features:
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK:
* INSIDER DOCUMENTARIES:
- Making of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
- Music Featurette
- You Too Can Be Sex Bob-Omb
* ALTERNATE FOOTAGE: A special look at alternative edits to the film.
* PRE-PRODUCTION: A look inside the film’s pre-production process including storyboards, pre-visualizations, animatics, motion capture tests, rehearsal footage, casting tapes, hair/make-up tests and more!
* THE MUSIC OF SCOTT PILGIRM VS. THE WORLD: This feature includes four complete music videos and video remixes from legendary DJ Osymyso.
* VISUAL EFFECTS: This feature takes a second look at the movie’s inventive visual effects.
* SOUND WORK: A mini documentary about the creation of the film’s super-powered sonic landscape.
* TRAILERS & TV SPOTS from the theatrical release of the film
* ADULT SWIM™: Scott Pilgrim vs. The Animation
* SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE CENSORS: TV safe version
* BEHIND-THE-SCENES PRODUCTION BLOGS from the set of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World by director /producer/ co-writer Edgar Wright.
- STORYBOARD PICTURE-IN-PICTURE
Those features are the Bluray combo pack only!
The features to be in the standard DVD and Bluray release are:
*DELETED AND ALTERNATE SCENES with commentary from director/producer/ co-writer Edgar Wright
* SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE BLOOPERS
* FEATURE COMMENTARIES:
- Feature Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright, co-writer Michael Bacall and Author Bryan Lee O’Malley
- Technical Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright and director of photography Bill Pope
- Cast commentary with Michael Cera, Jason Schwartzman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ellen Wong and Brandon Routh
- Cast commentary with Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza, Kieran Culkin and Mark Webber
* BEHIND-THE-SCENES PHOTO GALLERIES including Edgar Wright’s photo blog
* TRIVIA TRACK
* GALLERIES: Production photos, art galleries and marketing concepts.
So yes I will be ordering the Bluray combo pack as soon as possible and will be counting the days down to the time where I can take in all the hours of special features! So if you loved SCOTT PILGRIM and want to show your support, you should do the same. And if you have not seen this yet then figure out a way to and lets all get excited for the upcoming home releases November 9 2010.
Source The Playlist
Other articles that you might like:
Commenting Rules: Comments are intended to open up the discussion to our readers about the topics at hand, and as such should be offered with a positive and constructive attitude. If your comment is not relative to the above post or is disrespectful to the authors and readers, we reserve the right to delete it. Continued abuse of our good nature will result in banishment of the offender. Additionally, if you have any burning issues to point out to the GATW crew - typos, corrections, suggestions, or straight-up criticism - please email us instead of commenting here.